I finished the overhangs on the second floor extensions. For these, you have to measure and mark the underside for little sticks, stain them, and paint the ends white. Then put all those shingles on.
I messed up on the second overhang. On both of them, I was so careful to make sure that they were all right side up. There are four pieces to each overhang, and they all have slanted sides that have to slant right with both the roof, and each other. Then you have to turn them over and put the little beams underneath before you can shingle. Well, I must have turned the long front piece on the righthand side the wrong way on this overhang, because I had finished all of them, and glued the first two pieces on that side on, and the long front one didn't fit right. It was upside down!!! :-(
Anyway, ungluing the little beams and all those shingles and getting everything smoothed out would have been a nightmare, so I ended up using my X-Acto knife, files and sandpaper to change the angles so it would fit the edges of the other pieces as well as the house. It was a royal pain, but it doesn't look bad. I will just need to add a few shingles to the corners where there are slight gaps tomorrow, once everything is fully dry.
At any rate, I was dreading working on these, because I knew all those shingles weren't going to be fun, but it wasn't as bad as I had been afraid it would be. Now I can build and decorate the top floor rooms!