This isn't the best photo, but we had a bad wind and rain storm yesterday, and our power kept going off, so I had a candle going so I could see something every time the lights went out!
I finished the little overhangs over the kitchen and spa and shingled them. The shingles are little sheets of very thin veneer, and they don't have any backing. I was trying to figure out the best way of applying a backing so I could cut the sheets into tiny shingles without them splitting into a million pieces, then I remembered my Xyron. I ran the sheets through that, then marked them off and cut them with scissors. I was hoping the adhesive from the Xyron would hold the stickers to the roof, but unfortunately, the last time I bought a refill I made a mistake and got the repositionable rather than the permanent one. (It's a two hour drive to the store that sells the refills, so I was stuck with it), so anyway, I had to glue them. At least the Xyron stuff made it possible to work with the thin veneeer.
I took all of the veneer shingle material from all of the kits, hoping that the colors were varied a little more from kit to kit, but they were pretty uniform in color. I stained some of them with different amounts of stain to get some variety, and stained and cut all of the veneer at the same time, then put all the shingles into a plastic storage box. That way, I figured all the overhangs on each floor would match. It was a pain working with all of those really tiny shingles, but they looked nice when I finished them.
I also got the back wall and floor done in the second floor entryway. That room isn't attached to the tatami room yet, I don't think it gets attached until the stairs are in. I'm working in those now.