Jump to content

Cassidy Creations Dresser Refinishing Project


Here is the same piece refinished. I painted the drawer fronts and dresser top with white acrylic paint. Sanded. Painted it again, and sanded. I sanded all the surfaces to get a smooth finish, and then used retouching pens to restain the dark areas. I removed the seed bead drawer pulls and replaced them with something more in scale...in this case, I cut the heads off the pins that come with a new men's dress shirt. They are drop shaped on the ends and better for scale. I also repositioned the pulls so they are aligned. I cut a piece of mirror from Darice mirror to replace the lost one. I had to take the mirror frame apart and reglue it because it wasn't square. Then, just for fun, I added paper as drawer liner to the drawers. It's from a piece of quarter scale paper I had on hand.


© DAL Minis
  • Like 1

From the album:

A Few Other Things

· 79 images
  • 79 images
  • 110 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...