The front stairs were in complete shambles when the house arrived, so I had little to go on as to what they looked like originally. I found the spindles and handrail in my stash and thought they seemed to do the trick. I wasn't sure about using a turned newell post, so I opted for this basic one....and I think I like it. It is not permanently attached yet-needs the clients approval first, but I think she will like it too.
I decided to bring in the blue color theme onto the stair treads and the handrail. I also did some touch-up painting on the 'stone' base. This whole unit is a separate piece to make transport easier. The client will tuck it into place when it reaches its final home.