Jump to content

DV's Fairfield

 Share

DV's Fairfield
Call Me Crazy
Album created by
Call Me Crazy
  • 153
  • 15
  • 415

Here's the half-scale Fairfield I'm building.  It's almost complete!  Finishing off the roof trim, tower roof details and kitchen porch I've added to the side.

  • Like 5

15 Comments

Your dry fit seems to hold together pretty well. What kind of tape are you using? Mine never stays stuck on and I've made some errors because of it. I've used masking and a blue and then a purple  painters take. The purple is supposed to be gentle on the finished surfaces.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Medieval said:

Your dry fit seems to hold together pretty well. What kind of tape are you using? Mine never stays stuck on and I've made some errors because of it. I've used masking and a blue and then a purple  painters take. The purple is supposed to be gentle on the finished surfaces.

I don't remember the brand, but it's basic masking tape in that photo.  I've switched to blue painter's tape.  I still have to use several pieces on a couple of places to combat warpage.

Link to comment

Hi! The siding on this looks great! Is this the siding from Greenleaf? I can't tell if their siding is fine for both 1/2 scale and 1:1 scale houses. I really would like to do siding on my 1/2 scale. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, FaerieGrrl said:

Hi! The siding on this looks great! Is this the siding from Greenleaf? I can't tell if their siding is fine for both 1/2 scale and 1:1 scale houses. I really would like to do siding on my 1/2 scale. 

Hello and thank you!!

I purchased the siding from Northeastern Scale Lumber.  It's their 1/4" reveal clapboard siding. 

Edited by Call Me Crazy
Link to comment

This looks amazing. I'm really trying to do my research cause my order is being delivered and I'm having trouble understanding the furniture that I need to use for this particular model size. Do you recommend any places I can go to for accessories and furniture. Plus what size would I need for this house?

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Danny503 said:

This looks amazing. I'm really trying to do my research cause my order is being delivered and I'm having trouble understanding the furniture that I need to use for this particular model size. Do you recommend any places I can go to for accessories and furniture. Plus what size would I need for this house?

Hi and thanks!

Did you order a Fairfield?  The Fairfield is 1:24, also known as half scale because it's half the size of a standard 1:12 dollhouse.

A 6-foot tall person would be 6 inches in 1:12.  That same person is 3 inches in 1:24.

There are several websites that sell 1:24 furniture, accessories and building components.  Ebay and Etsy too.  I can create a list of them if you wish. 

Link to comment
On 9/15/2020 at 5:03 AM, Call Me Crazy said:

Hi and thanks!

Did you order a Fairfield?  The Fairfield is 1:24, also known as half scale because it's half the size of a standard 1:12 dollhouse.

A 6-foot tall person would be 6 inches in 1:12.  That same person is 3 inches in 1:24.

There are several websites that sell 1:24 furniture, accessories and building components.  Ebay and Etsy too.  I can create a list of them if you wish. 

Yes I purchased a Fairfield a week ago. I've looked on Amazon and other websites but can't seem to narrow down what I need. A list would be nice. Thank you 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

If masking tape is what you already have, then it's perfectly fine.  It will do the job of holding pieces together as you test how the house fits together.  Blue painters tape seemed to hold stubborn (warped) pieces a little bit better for me - maybe because the adhesive is more "gummy"?  But either is fine, really.

The nice thing about basic masking tape is that it's very inexpensive.  I went through an entire role of it because I built and disassembled the Fairfield many times before I finally committed to gluing walls together.

Link to comment

Chipboard  https://sheetmaterialswholesale.co.uk/sheet-materials/chipboard/ can be used to create thickness or texture on a scrapbook page and is often used to make cut-out letters. It comes plain or with a finish. Additionally, you can paint it, sand it, cover it with patterned paper, and use rub-on letters to embellish it. Mat board, found in the framing section of your local craft store, can be used as an excellent substitute for chipboard.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Gallery Statistics

    110.4k
    Images
    132k
    Comments
    6.4k
    Albums
×
×
  • Create New...