How to make these shades in 10 steps.
1. Plain old printer paper cut to fit width of the window and twice as long as the length of the window.
2. Two pieces of wood to fit the width of the shade.
3. Accordion fold the paper.
4. Glue the top and bottom wood pieces in place to the top and bottom of the shade.
5. Use a sharp needle or tiny drill bit to bore a whole thru the wood on top, continuing thru the folded paper and thru
the bottom wood piece on each side of the shade.
6. If you want your shade to have pull ends then get a toothpick and break off the tips, shape it using sandpaper, carefully drill a hole for the thread to go through.
7. Thread a sewing needle with thread the length of the window and knot the end of the thread.
8. Put the needle through the shade holes starting at the top of the wood piece going through to the bottom piece and out. Do this for both sides of the shade.
9. If you have pulls then continue with the needle going through the top of the pull and out.
10. Make a knot on the end of the thread to finish.