Jump to content

The Orchid Dollhouse Construction Blog

  • entries
    57
  • comments
    88
  • views
    272,954

Contributors to this blog

9th Session, 3-6 November


havanaholly

666 views

I unpacked the Orchid and the lower porch fell off :whistle: . I measured and cut the upstairs baseboards and painted the ones for the bathroom red and for the other room blue and when they were dry I installed them. It was then I noticed I had installed the guardrail backwards... So I removed it and reassembled & reinstalled it.

blog-8-1165350423_thumb.jpg

Since I was on a roll with gluing things I re-glued the bottom of the porch and then I installed the stairs, the handrail and the downstairs divider wall.

blog-8-1165351515_thumb.jpg

Since the way I did the dormers and gable precluded "bricks" I went with shingles stained mahogany. Once they were on I began to paint the "stones" and noticed the mahogany was too "loud", so I toned it down with a wash of the stone colors:

blog-8-1165351269_thumb.jpg

I used blue, umber, siena, ochre & black for coloring the stones and I used a combination of washing and dry-brushing.

1 Comment


Recommended Comments

Holly, I really like your diamond shaped roof tiles. The house is looking good, sorry the porch had to be put back on.

Link to comment
Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...