I noticed a BIG "oopsie", white primer from the exterior "stones" had run in at the bottom of the left dormer & all acros my lovey striped wallpaper & dried :angry: ! I stripped off the old paperand primed over the green. Judith Abraham's suggestion of warm water & vinegar worked a charm! I spackled the seams & gaps generously.
I found Linda Cullen's method of ceiling painting to be most effective.
SERENDIPITY NOTE: We stopped at a charity thrift shop in Johnson City, TN, where for US$1 I found a strip of "prepasted" wallpaper border and a sample pot of Benjamin Moore paint in a red that coordinated with one of the colors in the paper's pattern. How good is that?
I spackled the downstairs front and left walls , carving the "stones" to match grout lines.
As soon as the carving was done I carefully removed the masking tape. I smooth-spackled the porch ceiling and when it had all dried I primed all the exterior spackle.
I masked off the large upstairs room floor and painted the walls I wanted white.
I masked off the lower part or the dividing wall to paint it red.
I gathered together the assemblies & parts for assemblies and sorted them into ziplock bags so as not to lose or mix them up.
Next I assembled the stairs and dry-fit them with the dividing wall to get a "feel" for the storage area.
Last I applied the border strip upstairs. I shall wait to trim it until it's dry.
Now it's time to pack it all away, we move again tomorrow!