Got this house for a new niece-- it is not much to look at:
I got it because it has similar basic structure to this house, which is actually a place of business in California; I found it while googling "victorian houses" or some such:
Isn't it a beaut! Anyway, here what the Artply house looks like in rough dry-fit: Not much to it:
So I got to whacking and hacking. Took the 2nd floor down by an inch, widened the front door, added matboard and scrap wood to extend walls and floors.
That front wall roof pitch will get reduced, and will have to figure out what the rest of the roof looks like; will extend the base by a couple-few inches, and may extend the porch a bit. Need to get the windows measured and cut out.
Need to start looking for colors and papers, and get my siding and shingles ordered-- looks like small fish-scale shingles on that front gable. I like the greens in the original house, so I think I'll do a green palette.