Jump to content
  • entries
    48
  • comments
    23
  • views
    83,628

Minis On The Edge

1,612 views

I started with foam core just to see if this design would work and if it would look really nice. I ended up cutting the roof height (on the raised roof side) down to 8" high. This is what it looked like in the beginnning:

blogentry-4-1211814135_thumb.jpg

It took a while (3.5 hrs. ) to get the angles right because I found out that this house needed a little more support now that I was bashing it away from how it should have been done.

blogentry-4-1211814238_thumb.jpg

This is after I added the wood roof & attic parts. It was level on one side and not the other and zi went around and around with the leveler :) I did finally get it right :p . After I got it to the point I was satified with, I added sandpaper and painted it black to give the "Asphalt" roof look then I added the Chimney stack ;) :

blogentry-4-1211815123_thumb.jpg

I wanted to add roof trim to give the roof more detail. At first I started off by using the kits trim:

blogentry-4-1211815295_thumb.jpg

I ended up using some iron railing for the widows walk instead.

blogentry-4-1211815509_thumb.jpg

I aged it with a seafoam green paint:

blogentry-4-1211815378_thumb.jpg

0 Comments


Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...