Ebay, Etsy & Craig's List Links

On 6/7/2018, 1:31:43, rodentraiser said:

Jackie, you know that house was built from a dollhouse plan book, right?

OK, that house was NOT from a plan book. Old age is not creeping up on me, it's galloping over me like Secretariat.

BUT - I did find the house with a tower:

https://us.letgo.com/en/i/wooden-doll-house-crystal-door-knobs-andlights_664909f6-c948-4ef0-8e00-f354a31000c9

And I haven't heard back about the Thomas house yet. Since the ad is three months old, I guess I really don't expect anyone to reply. I just hope the house didn't get thrown in the trash.

14 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Nice but I don't know how they justify $17 shipping :(

Maybe because they are in Madrid, Spain? I'm not familiar with Europe-to-US postage rates.

1 hour ago, Elsbeth said:

Super cute little wooden spoon rack:

OH, my, where did you find this? Is it for sale? It would be perfect for my Bohemian Inn kitchen!!

28 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Thanks, Janet ... it's sold out. Boo hoo :( This makes me think, though, that it wouldn't be all that hard to make some wooden spoons and scoops, utensils that would definitely have been used in an 1850s Czech kitchen. 

1 minute ago, KathieB said:

Thanks, Janet ... it's sold out. Boo hoo :( This makes me think, though, that it wouldn't be all that hard to make some wooden spoons and scoops, utensils that would definitely have been used in an 1850s Czech kitchen. 

Go for it Kathie!

6 minutes ago, WestPaces said:

Go for it Kathie!

I have a lovely set of high-end carving tools that were Lloyd's. A shame for them to gather dust. :D  I've printed the photo for inspiration.

7 hours ago, havanaholly said:

If all else fails there is a clickable link to request the artist to make you a set.

Oh, ye of little faith ... :D 

50 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Oh, ye of little faith ... :D 

Oh, I believe that YOU can (& will) do it beautifully!  And for the Bohemian inn you might embellish the hanger with painted highlights.

7 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

Kathie, I did notice that seller had spoons by themselves. But the wall shelf holder makes it!!

Actually, I'm not too excited about the spoon holder. I think mine will not be quite so floral, more utilitarian. 

Another rainy day here. Heading into the craft room. :) 

First spoon (scroll down)... it can use some work, but it's not bad for a first attempt. I probably won't throw it away but will camouflage it in a crock with other utensils. :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KathieB said:

First spoon (scroll down)... it can use some work, but it's not bad for a first attempt. I probably won't throw it away but will camouflage it in a crock with other utensils. :D 

It is wonderful work! So much better than "not bad for a first attempt" :) 

5 minutes ago, Anna said:

It is wonderful work! So much better than "not bad for a first attempt" :) 

I agree that's a very good first attempt . I love wooden spoons they just fell so earthy . I love them in mini and in my real house.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NellBell said:

I agree that's a very good first attempt . I love wooden spoons they just fell so earthy . I love them in mini and in my real house.

Me too! I have My wooden spoons in a marble container er on the counter, sort of like a bouquet of flowers :)