Ebay, Etsy, and Craigslist posts

fov

15 hours ago, minilover62 said:

This a still like I haven't seen in a long time. Close to me but sadly I have 0 room space.  https://appleton.craigslist.org/art/d/fond-du-lac-doll-house-kits-many/7263322898.html

Carmen, you sell that Granville in a heartbeat if you don't want it.

• Like 1

This is a half scale RGT New Orleans: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Electrified-Doll-House-Federal-Style-Handmade-Charming-Needs-TLC/383925580030

I've only seen this in half scale one other time when a kit was posted with Buy It Now and someone bought it before I had a chance. I'd consider bidding on this one but based on the bids so far and the high shipping price I think it'll go out of my comfort zone. I've never seen half scale windows like that, I wonder if they came with the kit.

1 hour ago, fov said:

Half scale Elizabeth Anne Kit for $125 Buy It Now or Make Offer. This is a rare kit for a good price! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Half-Inch-Scale-Elizabeth-Anne-Victorian-Wooden-Shell-Kit/313402257275

Wow, that house makes me want to try half scale! Somebody make an offer!!!

So here's a pretty nice house, it's in New Orleans and it costs more than some real houses in NOLA - $149,000.00. Its called "Doll House House of Broel By Artist Bonnie Broel "House of all Seasons"

The story of the house is in the ebay description

ebay link

Edited by Island-Shack
Name of house
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 6:19 PM, Felthen said:

Thank you Susie for trying. I appreciate the noise to Etsy. I reported it to my card already, and they refused to dispute it because I admitted that before I realized it was a fraud I had purchased it. So according to them it is purchased and I have to document the purchase and wait until it doesn't come or is the wrong item and call back with the earlier complaint I think that they will believe me and I will eventually get my money back. I am kind of sad that there is no lovely dollhouse for sale and coming to me free shipping. It is kind of like being told there is no Santa Clause. I did talk with Bonnie who was kind. She looked up the listing photo and identified not only the dollhouse but also the chandelier, curtains etc in the background. I told her I would give her a call she didn't think Etsy would do much but she would be amused the seller now has multiples of her dollhouse to sell. And that picture is hers.

Did you get this resolved? Etsy has removed the seller .... hope it all worked out 

4 hours ago, Island-Shack said:

So here's a pretty nice house, it's in New Orleans and it costs more than some real houses in NOLA - $149,000.00. Its called "Doll House House of Broel By Artist Bonnie Broel "House of all Seasons"

The story of the house is in the ebay description

ebay link

Why would a museum be selling one of their pieces I wonder?

16 minutes ago, Medieval said:

Very RARE and hard to find....

https://youngstown.craigslist.org/tag/d/youngstown-doll-house-with-household/7247350046.html

I'm not so sure about rare, but the price...it's definitely one of a kind!

I don't know about the dating on that house; the kitchen appliances in it are white and in the '70s kitchen appliances I had were avocado green, harvest gold or copper brown!

9 hours ago, Medieval said:

Why would a museum be selling one of their pieces I wonder?

It is not in a museum. It is in Bonnie Broel's private collection. She has been trying to sell it for years. Apparently targeting a museum in this go-around. Seems a bit unlikely considering what she wants for it. I saw it up close  and personal while touring her collection a few years ago. Jammed full of stuff, which no doubt cost her a lot to assemble -- she collected from all over the world as she traveled -- but still, I think she's dreaming.

10 hours ago, Medieval said:

The house itself seems well built. Might be worth the price for the shell alone for someone who wants a ready-made house to decorate, electrify.  The décor is certainly "unique". What's with the ice block in the bathtub? :D 

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

...What's with the ice block in the bathtub? :D 

They have TWO bathtubs, so maybe that's for chilling the bottles of champagne that they sip during long soaky baths.  I felt sorry for the kid in the brown suit who is not much bigger than the baby.

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

The house itself seems well built. Might be worth the price for the shell alone for someone who wants a ready-made house to decorate, electrify.  The décor is certainly "unique". What's with the ice block in the bathtub? :D 

You think the seller is asking too much? I know its a subjective assessment. But i cant help but find humor in the description.