About AshleyLNC

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    None
  • Real Name
    Ashley

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Thanks so much for the tips and ideas! I’m going to look at the wood shingles Cynthia mentioned and also look at the ones Greenleaf has in stock. I’ll keep y’all updated! :-D
  2. Thanks Jackie! I love the sandpaper idea, especially since it’s already so heavy. I might play around with that once I get the whole thing primed. It’s actually in amazing shape. The roof isn’t warped, it’s just not attached right now. But other than that, it is incredibly sturdy. My mom protected it with her life over the past 20 years from my dad who wanted to toss it every time Spring cleaning rolled around! I love reading everyone’s posts and getting ideas though! There are some beautiful projects on this forum!
  3. It’s a mess but I think it could be really pretty. I’ve already taken all the shingles, etc. off and cleaned it up.
  4. Not sure what style it is. My mom found the dollhouse in my neighbor’s trash by the side of the road in 1995 and dragged it home for me. It was handmade by my neighbor but by the time he finished it his daughter was too old. This is my first attempt at remodeling it, so I’m just trying to figure out my options for materials.
  5. Has anyone used roofing shingles on their dollhouse? Would I be able to purchase just a couple shingles or would I need to buy a whole bundle? Do I need a special glue or scissors? Any other inexpensive, lightweight roofing options? Also, what is a lightweight wood that I could use for the clapboard siding? I don’t mind cutting it myself. I’m a SAHM so I don’t have a large budget, but I’m starting to renovate my childhood dollhouse for my little girl. Thanks so much!