• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Deborah
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

4,508 profile views
  1. That would be fun to see. Given the amount of time a whole house would take, maybe give miniaturists a full-scale designer room to re-do (or be inspired by) in miniature. While I agree that most of the houses left me cold (I thought the woman whose mother was a miniaturist did the best), the designers aren't given much time. Think how long it takes to make a really beautiful house in miniature. If they set up a contest for miniaturists, they'd have to allow more than a few hours!
  2. When making miniature books, I sometimes use the real pages (which are never readable) and sometimes typeset summaries of the books, which are readable. I have set up a template that allows me to print double sided and have all the pages come out in the correct order. I know that reading a summary is not the same as reading the book, although I do try to make sure I include iconic quotes. However, there is something I like about the fact that you could actually read a miniature book and, when done, know exactly what happened in that book. Most of the Queen Mary's dollhouse books are readable (as are the books in Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle). Some of Queen Mary's book reproductions are available for sale--A Note of Explanation in full size, and a Sherlock Holmes story and a book called J. Smith by Fougasse in facsimile miniature versions.
  3. So beautifully done! Your furniture skills have always been excellent, but you just keep getting better. Love the accessories for your future shoot.
  4. This is absolutely amazing! Beautiful job!
  5. Nice! And thanks for the link to Petworth Miniatures! I had never heard of them.
  6. Debsrand56

Kitchen.jpg

Very nice! I like the kitchen floor and the color scheme. (I've always been fond on green in a kitchen.) Lots of nice accessories, too!
  7. I recognize that dressmaker's mannequin! The sewing machine and table, too. I always like a little sewing corner in a house.
  8. I didn't, either (get the confirmation).
  9. Wow! That is a great find, and I am loving the ideas that people have for it. I also vote for faux doors. You would want doors from the hallways, but you don't want to have to cut through the walls.
  10. In case you are interested: https://www.amazon.com/McCalls-Pattern-7192-Dollhouse-Clothes/dp/B003R6T5UK https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/570344102/1979-mccalls-6889-two-story-doll-house I'm pretty sure this is the pattern that Lisa @FurMama used, but she can confirm.