• Days Won

Emerald last won the day on February 7

Emerald had the most liked content!

1,023 Excellent

2 Followers

About Emerald

Profile Information

• Interests
    1:6 scale projects which support 12" Fashion Dolls such as Integrity 12" dolls, Barbie, Blythe, Monster High. The building and challenges are exciting and find new ways to create projects. I have also done one 1:12 dollhouse and three 1:12 room boxes I built from scratch

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Linda
  • Country
    United States/Canada

Recent Profile Visitors

3,466 profile views
  1. Manuvering 2 upstairs rooms so you can see stair hallway through doors and windows. 1 1/2 sides will be open with protected plexiglass. I have lots of siding on 2 1/2 sides and 1/2 a roof to go.
  2. Emerald

Sixth Scale CRAFSMAN 1920s house

These are 1/6 scale real cement blocks and bricks. Will be doing a diorama with them.
  3. Emerald

1/6 scale Guilded Age ILLUSION room box

Had LINEN cabinet using as curio. Kept thinking it would make a great room box by TURNING the cabinet on its SIDE. Since the cabinet is holding the TV, minimum 1" square dowels were placed in cabinet to support weight. Top shelf was stationary and has dowels glued so now unable to remove it. Plan will work with that 1st left area being an entrance/stairwell. Took out all shelves to the right and that will be a large narrow room. Since windows and doors do not open to outside diorama, scenes will be put in doors and window areas for realism. Hope you will FOLLOW progress on this about 1880-1890 1/6 scale scratch build items Guilded Age project.
  4. Emerald

sink2.jpg

Working now on distressing and making the colors work the way I want. Made a faucet out of wood. Its not perfect but hope when I post it it works.
  5. Wondering if I should make this. THIS is 1:12 not 1:6 so I figure I CAN make it. MMMM where to put it.
  6. RESEARCH IDEA, sorry its on its side. I like the TOP RECTANGULAR treatment.
  7. Since I do have a square 1 IN dowel and was planning to put windows on either side, this is a good IDEA. I want to use a different TOP though.
  8. Emerald

guilded age door.jpg

DOOR RESEARCH but in my illusion the door top treatment will be different.
  9. Another RESEACH IDEA for stairwell, will create the curved bottom 3 stairs, combining the millwork in this photo with the other millwork stairwell photo. STAIRWELL will be HIDDEN as part of the ILLUSION of a taller ceiling.
  10. RESEARCH IDEA stair, like the WALL. Want to combine with other stairwell research ideas.
  11. **IDEA not sure yet on fireplace ultimate decor
  12. Cabinet has 1" lip top and bottom which makes the 15" CEILING look shorter than it is. While this project really requires 40" or 20FT ceilings, I plan to make the build the ILLUSION as if it had a 20FT/40IN H ceiling.
  13. Have Beyes Carolers fireplace and will convert by adding to it to make it suitable for Guilded Age project. Research project in photo.