1martinimomma

Gold Member
  • Last visited

• Days Won

1martinimomma last won the day on June 19 2019

1martinimomma had the most liked content!

594 Excellent

7 Followers

About 1martinimomma

Profile Information

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Three
  • Real Name
    Colleen

Recent Profile Visitors

4,386 profile views
  1. @Mid-life madnessWell, I don't have my heart set on anything in particular. I imagine the prices will be way out of my league. They do have some pretty nice items though. How about you?
  2. I think this would be interesting to look over their collection., not sure I could afford anything. Buckalter Estate Sale: Sunday, September 19 at 10am ET on Invaluable.com. This auction features an extraordinary assortment of fine art dollhouse miniatures from the collection of the late Jerry and Claire Buckalter of Suffern, New York. The Buckalter's love for each other was matched by their passion for miniatures which they collected and crafted as a couple during their retirement years. The auction catalogue is posted and interested buyers may register now to start bidding at https://www.invaluable.com/catalog/5hzrc1o1v7 Auction miniatures by Neil Bateson, Geoff Wonnacott, Ferd Sobel, Ken Manning, Natasha Beshencovsky, Paul Sartarelli, Sandra Henry Wall, David Krupick, Jack Cashmere, Lynn Whisenant, Randall Zadar and Sandra Henry Wall. The auction consists of almost 200 lots featuring masterful miniatures in a broad range of categories including furniture, paintings, silver, flowers and porcelain (among many others) which were crafted by some of the most iconic and celebrated miniaturists in the world, many of whom have earned the distinction of Artisan and Fellow of (IGMA).
  3. Rebecca, were you the Rebecca R. that won the Grand Prize? If you were congrats on an absolutely amazing build. I sat in awe just admiring all the creative work that went into the grand prize winner. I am so very happy for you, it is truly amazing!
  4. If Holly's recommendation doesn't work if you have a orbital sander maybe, you can just sand it off using heavy duty sandpaper. Looks like the outside of the house needs a sanding anyway to smooth it out after removing the siding.
  5. Heat loosens glue. Use a heat gun if you have one. An embossing gun also works. I keep one close by my work area, they come in handy all the time.
  6. Job well done. I think you really captured the look you were going for.
  7. Your aging on the roof is perfect. You would think this is a real hose out in the woods. I am always envious of people that create aged looks on dollhouses. It's definitely a talent that I don't possess.
  8. I have 3 finished in the house, 2 in the workroom, 3 purchased half built to rehab in closets, and I have no idea how many are under the beds in the spare room, but I have noticed they are peeking out from under the bed skirt trying to escape due to overcrowding....LOL
  9. I am jumping in here a little on the conversation, but would like to add some information. I own two Clell Boyce houses, both bought in Texas. The first one, The Elliott Bay house is stamped with the Victorian Times stamp with initials CGB and dated 6/1/80 in the center. So, according to Mrs. Boyce time frame of Mr. Boyce's building of his houses this one is one he built. It's interesting because I bought this house as a shell, and it does not have the bath room on the right of the house and the pantry on the left. It appears they were never part of the house. Maybe, this house was a custom order with those two structures excluded from the original plans. The other house is the Lacamas Lake House. As Emily stated earlier, the house is signed by the Raglands, it's dated 5/29/1995 and has the exact same Victorian Times stamp as the Elliot Bay house, without Mr. Boyce's initials. I received the catalog mentioned earlier from the lady I bought it from. I am just wondering if the Clell Boyce rights were sold to the Ragland's from Mr. Clanton since this house was built 15 years later after Mr. Boyce sold his rights to Mr. Clanton. Although the catalog is dated from 1982 they may have also acquired the catalog when they bought the rights. I am so hoping the Ragland's did not illegally build Mr. Boyce's houses. I am going to do some more research on this matter as I hope I don't own a pirated Lacamas Lake House. Here is the stamp on the bottom of the Elliott Bay.
  10. You can place them on painters tape laid sticky side up to hold them while you paint them. I also clean those Styrofoam meat containers, like for chicken, place the little pieces in that and paint them.
  11. I finally got frustrated with all the cheaper saws and their inconsistent uneven cuts that I bit the bullet and bought the Proxxon miter saw. Best decision and money I have spent. No more bad cuts and perfect miter cuts on all the trim work every time. It's somewhat expensive, but if you have committed yourself to this hobby for a lifetime, it's well worth it in my opinion. https://www.micromark.com/Proxxon-Mini-Chop-Miter-Saw-for-Hobby-Use
  12. I sold one last week on Facebook Marketplace. It was a Lady Anna from the House that Jack Built. I specifically built it to sell. I got pretty close to asking price, but still lost money on it People just don't understand the cost of materials that goes into building and finishing dollhouses. I wouldn't put light fixtures in it, even if you are electrifying it, you will loose even more money. I electrified mine and installed can lights and LED strip lights in it. Figuring if someone bought it for a child to play with they wouldn't damage the lighting as these are installed into the ceilings. Good luck with your endeavor and hope you come out making a profit.
  13. 1martinimomma

w.jpg

I guess tiny house, tiny picture!
  14. 1martinimomma

w.jpg

Oh my goodness, that is so tiny. It's the cutest little house. I love the color you chose for it. Did the little stand it's on come with the kit? I wish the picture was bigger so we could see it up close.
  15. It's so beautiful. I just love all the white of the house.