• Last visited

• Days Won

aggiemae last won the day on January 16 2023

aggiemae had the most liked content!

175 Excellent

About aggiemae

Profile Information

• Interests
    Miniature collecting, doll house building, home decorating and remodeling, reading, gardening, music of all kinds

Previous Fields

• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Aggie
  • Country
    Israel

Recent Profile Visitors

3,100 profile views
  1. Those are certainly some tiny bikinis! They !look right at home on the patio
  2. Nice. The best houses really do seem the "fall into" our laps.
  3. Both are MDF houses. After they are primed and painted the basic frames build in under an hour. They both lend themselves to alterations and re-styling.
  4. My realtor said that sales really drop off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, however everyone who is looking is a serious buyer. I wish you all the best with your move.
  5. I have this dining room 1:24 room box posted on eBay if anyone is interested. PM me here on GL for a better price! https://happylittleworlds.blogspot.com/2018/01/miner-industries-rooms-in-miniature.html
  6. This stove is in like new condition and has its stove pipe. It did not come with any accessories. It needs a new loving home. Yellow enamel look paint with brass finishes. Weighs about 1 pound. Made in Germany Similar: https://dollhousejunction.com/products/bodo-hennig-copper-stove-mint-condition
  7. Sold. About 3 sq feet of space created in my craft studio!
  8. I have a Madison I was going to list on eBay. I'll pm you. The GL EMERSON ROW IS fairly easy to BASH into a side by side duplex. I made the basement rooms taller and basically closed the back and opened it on both sides. It's one of my favorite houses. I've built it as directed once then 3 different ways.
  9. I have a Dutch baby house. I, sort of, inherited it. It came with a Swedish tiled bedroom stove, a dressed German baby and a pair of very ugly Biedermieier dining room chairs. The rest was lost in WW2. I reduced my photos but they are still to large to post here on GL.
  10. Thanks for the advice. I did a bit of each. The individual items sold right away "Buy it Now" and I got what I expected for them. I'm not sure I can spend that much time going down memory lane with each item. I'm making a huge mess going through boxes so I packed stuff back away and I'm going to concentrate on house kits and 2-3 boxes at a time. Starting with Petite Princess and Tony Smaller Homes in small lots as I m not too attached to them. I might sell the 1930-1980 1:12 pieces at a specialty auction.
  11. If i had instructions I am game to try it at least once and see how it goes.
  12. To dye Cedar shake shingles using RITT Dye: buy a bucket and a pair of rubber gloves at the dollar store or you can use a gallon storage bag if all your shingles fit. Be sure to use at least 10% more shingles that you need so all your shingles will match. It get an even rich color use a whole box of powder (about a quart of water). To tint the shingles so the colors will darken but still vary use a tablespoon of dye and add more until you are happy with the colors) BROWN shades work best for this. Prepare Dye in almost boiling water until its completely dissolved (Science: Ritt Dye doesn't mix with the water you are actually making a suspension) Let the dye water cool to lukewarm to reduce warping before adding shingles. Submerge your shingles in your dye vat. If you are using a ziplock bag get as much of the air out of the bag after you add the shingles to get a more even color. Stir shingles for a few minutes, then stir often if you are using a bucket. Squish the shingles around frequently if you are using a ziplock bag. Tinting time varies, usually a few minutes. But for deep color leave the shingles in the vat/bag for at least 30 minutes so they absorb most of the dye. Drain the excess water/dye and let the shingles dry until they are just damp then put weight to the to keep the flat. I use a sheet of plywood and a few bricks. for a day to two then continue drying uncovered. You can also tint shingles with black tea and diluted acrylic paint with less fuss but these dyed shingles do look more realistic in the end. It's best to wear gloves for the entire process especially during draining and drying. I hope this was helpful.
  13. I had the bed with the dollhouse headboard for a while, but had a yard sale and finally found it a good home. these are very sturdy pieces.