• Dollhouse Building Experience
    Five or more
  • Real Name
    Renea
  • Country
    United States

Recent Profile Visitors

2,624 profile views
  1. The Lilliput dollhouse has been taken and is no longer available.
  2. Free Lilliput 1 inch/1 foot scale dollhouse. Has two stories, stairs, is painted white inside and outside, has shingles and shutters painted burgundy and burgundy carpet. Living room, kitchen and stairs on first floor and 2 rooms on 2nd floor. Extras also included are: One Walmer 2-story un-assembled Lilliput wing kit and one Lilliput 1-1/2 story unassembled wing kit. Also included is a Realife Miniatures Wood Furniture Kitchen Kit (faucets for sink are missing). One side of front porch railing is missing, but included is a complete set of replacement porch rails from Real Good Toys to replace missing porch rails. Must pick up at Exit 333 on I-75, approximately 25 miles south of Chattanooga, TN. I am having trouble adding photos. If interested, contact me and I will email photos.
  3. Carrie, I hope the answer is not the contact spray adhesive. I have used it on other non-miniature projects and it is indeed messy. I tend to get whatever glue I am using all over me before a project is done. I looked at some contact spray adhesive today at my local JoAnns store (which is sadly shutting down soon) and the directions indicate that you have to work quickly and that once you stick something (a tile, for instance) down, you cannot not move or reposition it. I can't imagine spraying the back of individual small tiles and getting everyone perfectly positioned. I could, of course, draw gridlines on the plastic sheet for each tile, but it would still be risky. I couldn't spray the entire sheet first and expect to have time to get each tile positioned before the glue dries, which I know is very quick. I would have to do each sheet in small sections. The wood flooring sheets would not be as much of a problem as the sheets where I will glue individual tiles. I imagine, though, that the contact spray adhesive is probably the proper glue. KathieB, thanks for the suggestion of roughing up the plastic signs with sandpaper - I had not thought of that. And Holly, thanks for the welcome back. As far as other progress, I have primed all the baseboard, crown molding, stair and porch railings, shutters and other strip wood this week. I am dreading priming/painting the doors and working windows. Renea
  4. I've been absent for quite awhile, but am now officially back to working on my very large dollhouse - a project that has taken years. I am using Hobby Lobby wood flooring sheets in most rooms and tile in other rooms. I bought plastic yard signs (Happy Birthday, etc.) from the Dollar store to use to glue my wood flooring sheets and tile to in order to be able to slide the flooring out of each room for access to wiring which is in grooves in the floor. I like the plastic (maybe styrene?) yard signs because they are very thin. They are also quite slippery. Has anyone used these signs? I need to know what kind of glue to use to adhere the wood and the tile to the plastic signs. I also may use these plastic signs to glue egg carton stone pieces to cover two porch floors which also have wiring grooves in the floors. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of paint will adhere to this slippery plastic? I prefer painting the porch surface before gluing on the egg carton stones and letting the paint serve as the grout. Major accomplishment - I just completed gluing the egg carton stones onto the wooden base of my large dollhouse with the help of one of my granddaughters. It went much slower than I had hoped, but all the stones are now on. I will probably do a dry brush painting on the stones prior to sealing with Mod Podge. Will post photos when completed.
  5. I love your house. Great idea for hiding the wiring. Once you start doing miniatures, you never look at every-day items the same. I always think about what I could use an item for in my dollhouse or room boxes before throwing anything away. Keep posting photos as you work on your house. Renea
  6. The Community Trading Post is in the Off Topic category the last item in the main category list when you sign in to the forums website. Renea
  7. Yes, it was good that I got the house back, however now I am parting with it again (this time for good) because I need to sell it. That may have gotten lost in my long story. Renea
  8. I'm bringing this topic back because unfortunately, I need to sell my big, beautiful Williamsburg With Wings dollhouse and my Log Cabin house that are in my Gallery. I have listed them in the Community Trading Post forum. Life has taken a different turn and although I am now retired and had intended to finish the Williamsburg after retirement, I am still way behind on finishing my absolute priority project which is the renovation of the dollhouse I first made for my daughter 30+ years ago. It has been a big, long, ongoing project and presently is far from being even close to finished. It is supposed to be for my granddaughters and they are growing up. I have to put my energies into my daughter's dollhouse. My husband also has some health issues and my priorities have changed, so the big Williamsburg With Wings and the Log Cabin have to go. Ready to pass my fortunate acquisitions on to someone else at very reasonable prices. I'm still reading on this forum and learning so I will still be around. Renea mygrommi
  9. Holly, I retired in January and I am still doing the happy dance!
  10. Thanks, Selkie. I am certainly enjoying my retirement. My co-workers joked about who was going to make a replica of my office when I retired since I had made the two office roomboxes for my bosses.
  11. mygrommi

Mini office 5

This 2014 roombox features a replica of a "real-life" tiebox where co-workers donated old ties as a joke to my boss who hated wearing ties, but was required to wear a tie daily when he was promoted to the executive office suite. The tiebox with the donated ties became a conversation piece in his office and remained there for 11 years and I could not resist recreating the tiebox corner of the office for his retirement gift. The mini quarter on the table by the mini tiebox represents the rental fee my boss charged for fellow-executives who occasionally failed to wear a tie and needed one at the last minute to wear for an important meeting.
  12. mygrommi

Real Life Office

Except the real-life sofa is a print and I could not find a similar print to cover the sofa, so I just painted it in a similar color. Thanks.
  13. mygrommi

Mini office 1

I took a scrap of the silk fabric I used on the chair kit to Lowes and had paint matched to the scrap color. It turned out that the paint had a slight gloss, which I did not like, so I sanded the sofa lightly after painting. If I had it to do over, I would use flat paint with no sheen. I probably should have had some flat paint mixed, and repainted it but I was running out of time. The sheen does not show so much in the room box, it shows more in the photo because of the flash, I think. It is just regular latex wall paint. The sofa was a calico print and I just painted over it. Very easy. I had seen tutorials online where people are painting real-life fabric chairs and sofas and they water down the paint, but I did not water it down.
  14. I just put photos of my 2nd (and last!) office roombox in my Gallery. I made this office room box in 2014 for my 2nd boss who retired and am just now getting it posted. This box is a replica of just one corner of the same office of which I created the entire office in miniature in 2003 when my 1st boss retired (also in my Gallery). In 2014 when my 2nd boss retired there was no way I could make everything in the entire office again (way too much work!), so I did a special corner of the same office. This 2014 roombox features a replica of a "real-life" tiebox where co-workers donated old ties as a joke to my boss who hated wearing ties, but was required to wear a tie daily when he was promoted to the executive office suite. The tiebox with the donated ties became a conversation piece in his office and remained there for 11 years and I could not resist recreating the tiebox corner of the office for his retirement gift. The mini quarter on the table by the mini tiebox represents the rental fee my boss supposedly charged for fellow-executives who occasionally failed to wear a tie and needed one at the last minute to wear for an important meeting. Thanks to Casey who shared her mini tie pattern with me probably 3 or more years ago when I first began to think of making this "tie-box" mini roombox. The first thing I had to do was to be sure I could make the mini ties and Casey had a paper pattern. I was able to find only 2 mini ties to purchase, so I had to be able to make the others myself. Once I conquered making the ties, I was confident I could create the roombox. I used cotton and silk fabrics with tiny prints to make the ties. I retired earlier this year myself (yea!) and don't plan to make any more room boxes. I am now trying to get back to finishing the restoration of a huge dollhouse I did for my daughter many years ago. I had to put it on hold for the last few years and now need to get it finished. It is ready to be wired. Renea (mygrommi)