All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Benjamin Moore pints are their sample sizes. The Hunter Green for the shutters is perfect--I just wanted something a less bright yellow than Provence Creme for the main part of the house. I do have sample pints of Pale Moon and Happy Valley which are creamier--I can try mixing one of them with the Provence Creme to tone down the yellow.
  3. What about adding a bit of off-white/ very light beige to tone down the yellow? What shade is the green you like? Instead of investing in cans of paint, start with paint chips and go with test pots (which are usually enough to cover the exterior of a medium size house).
  4. Yesterday
  5. I loved the creamy yellow and green scheme I saw on the RGT website for Victoria's Farmhouse, and it states the main color was Benjamin Moore's Provence Creme. I bought a sample pint from my local hardware store, and another from a paint store and from both the color is way too yellow, almost sticky note yellow. So now I'm searching for a creamier yellow. Windham Cream isn't yellow enough; Pale Moon is close but would like it a bit more yellow. On the color fan deck, Provence Creme looks about perfect, but the actual paint is too bright yellow instead of creamy yellow. Any suggestions for a creamy yellow color that looks similar to the finished house on the RGT website, and is a Benjamin Moore paint?
  6. jrchob, did you put in your first floor flooring before or after you assembled the house? I noticed in the instructions he has the first floor wood floors in place when he glues the first floor to the foundation. Just curious as to which method might be easier as I had planned to do the floors after I assembled the house.
  7. I really love how you did the stairs, especially the part of the stairs attached to the wall. It is hard to tell I'm looking at a dollhouse. You are really good!
  8. The Grandt line balcony door is noticeably bigger than the Jackson Miniatures door to the master bedroom. Oh well! I still have to add the "glass" to the door (it isn't actually glued in yet).
  9. Adding the crown molding was a challenge in this small area!
  10. Door to a closet or maybe an imaginary basement?
  11. Call Me Crazy

DV's Fairfield

Here's the half-scale Fairfield I'm building. I'm finally making real progress - walls are getting glued along with wallpaper & trim!
  12. WyckedWood

Joann Swanson

The link to that blog is not the same Joann that wrote for nutshell news.
  13. uh-oh. I feel a splurge urge coming on.....
  14. Ha! Progress made tonight. After an early dinner, started stitching again. I finished the cream stitches, did all the darker green stitches, and started on the blue background. Things should keep going well, I hope. My doctor thinks I'm doing well, and I haven't gained any weight since she saw me last, so yay! Not sure what I'll have for dinner tomorrow, maybe pizza? I'm in the mood for some pepperoni.
  15. Yep, Holly, doing the whole house.
  16. Thank you so much Emily, this has been helpful. I've been refining my plan, my ground floor rooms are now 6 5/8" wide, with fireplaces and staircases that'll be 1" deep along the walls. The room depth will be 6 or 6.5 inches, depending on what works best for the design.
  17. I want it too but the little band saw on the table in the background caught my eye. I have a small Delta but that one looks even smaller.
  18. Grazhe, are you reproducing the cottage, or just basing a roombox on it? If the latter, go with the dimensions; if the former, whatever depth you're comfortable with.
  19. It looks like there's a case of 'great minds.' This looks like a very handy gadget! Thanks for the suggestion!
  20. This looks amazing! I think this will most definitely do the trick! I think this is similar to what Carrie was suggesting in the last post?
  21. Last week
  22. The Victorianna's second floor has 4" tall ceilings and 7.5" deep rooms. They're nice large rooms, but they're shadowy at the back and it can be hard to reach in (more an issue for initial building/decorating than for arranging furniture). I like that the extra depth allows you to do interesting things to the layout, like add closets. But it makes gluing in trim especially challenging and the rooms are very dark in pictures. (Less so in person, but still darker than I'd like. That could be fixed by adding lights, though.) I like how the Victorianna turned out, but I don't think I would want to do such deep rooms again, particularly because of how dark they are. I haven't put together a gallery with the pictures of the finished house yet, but here are a few pics to give you an idea of the proportions: I added a closet to the bathroom, so what you see here isn't the full depth. (It's 5.25" deep with the closet.) In the room with the stairs, the bump-out is at 6.75" inches' depth and the back wall is at 7.5".
  23. Due to request. Up for a few more days! https://www.ebay.com/itm/Duracraft-Victorian-Mansion-VM800-Dollhouse/124251775702?pageci=84c2a772-a8aa-4129-843f-601f288cc9ee
  1. Load more activity